Saturday, October 02, 2010

Dinner Tonight

As some of you might have read on my Facebook wall, my wife, Becky was in the mood to cook today and when she's in the mood, look out!!  She decided on a pork roast, cooked all day in the slow-cooker.  She added chopped onion, cherry preserves and some fresh Thyme and let it cook on low.  Then she reduced the juices to make a sauce to go with it.  Along with that she also served fresh green beans, steamed and sauteed in brown butter and sage and also sauteed new potatoes. 

I was really full but she then pulled out the baked apples that she had baked earlier.  As I said, when she's in the mood...  If she was in the mood every day I would weigh 400lbs.  She says that she's gonna use the leftover pork to make spring rolls tomorrow.  I may need an intervention after those!  I was planning on taking photos but the food disappeared too quickly.  Now I get to clean up the kitchen but it's worth it!

I watched baseball and football today with yet coming more tomorrow.  Go Phillies and Eagles!!
I hope you all are enjoying your weekend.  Bye for now,

Bob~

6 comments:

Gerry said...

Sounds like a good day :)

Ramblingon said...

My gosh I wish I had been there at the table..all delicious and mouthwatering,. I remember your talking about it on FB. YUMMY!

Anonymous said...

OH NO! When I clicked on your Katsoup link, It;s not ME! Someone has hijacked my name also

Anonymous said...

fulaineOH NO! When I clicked on your Katsoup link, It;s not ME! Someone has hijacked my name also

GreatGranny said...

Now, that's a fine meal.

Beth said...

Hey Bob, that all sounds delicious. Becky sounds like a wonderful cook.