Monday, October 04, 2010

Hamburger Soup

Here is the recipe I promised.  We had it last night,will have it again tonight and just maybe tomorrow night if there's any left.  This recipe is from an aunt in Nebraska and is the FULL recipe.  You may want to cut it in half... or not!

In a LARGE pot, brown and drain 2lbs of ground beef, sirloin or turkey
ADD:
1 Large onion, chopped
2 Cups celery, roughly diced
2 Cups Carrots, diced
3 1/2 Cups potatoes, diced
5 1/2 Cups water
1 Quart tomato juice or V8
3 Tsp salt
1 1/2 Tablespoons sugar

Simmer one hour until veggies are tender

Sound easy??  It is!  I hope you try it on a cold, rainy night or anytime.
Enjoy!

4 comments:

Beth said...

It sounds delicious Bob. Thank you for sharing.

GreatGranny said...

This is one of my faves for cool weather. Thanks for the recipe.

Peaceful said...

thanks! I think I will add crushed canned tomatoes and beef broth instead of tomato juice :)

Ramblingon said...

I love the durn stuff! Yummy!