Monday, November 01, 2010

Halloween 2010

WOW!!  Another one has come and gone and I'm exhausted.  Don't get me wrong, Halloween is my favorite holiday...  Always fun and usually there remains lots of leftover candy, except for this year.  We had almost 200 kiddies (197 to be exact) and you-know-who handled the front door.  We eneded up with barely a handful of candy.  If we had run out, the next thing they would have gotten would have been canned goods!  "Look Mommy!!  That man gave me a can of green beans!!" LOL.  Luckily it didn't come to that.  But close!!

We had some cute little ones and there were some great costumes. Also, for some reason most of the trick or treaters were very polite which somehow made me suspicious! But aside from the lawn being trampled and some candy wrappers strewn about, everything was good. 

Anyhow, for the second year in a row I took photos of some of them.  When I told then that they would be Internet stars they struck their best poses.... Or their worst!!

Here they are:




 






Not a whole lotta smiles there!!  Except for me!
I think next year I'm gonna make them dance, sing or juggle before they get a treat.  Should make for some really fun photos!!










New song this week.  Jamie Johnson - In Color.
Give a listen and click on the video.  I think you'll like it.

7 comments:

Haphazardkat said...

LOL!! I love the long suffering looks on the trick or treat kids!! Their faces scream "Give me the damn candy already!" hahahaha

MissBeth said...

Love the pics !!! I am with you on the kids being more polite this year but then again i am in the southeast where it would be noticeable if they werent. When i was a child if i had said "yea" to my parents they would have pulled a "Leroy Jethro Gibbs" on me and whacked me on the back of the head...It had better of been, Yes ma'am.
So glad you enjoyed holloween and from the looks of it the kids enjoyed it too. Thank goodness you still have your canned goods lol.

Archie ~Grumps said...

We did get more kiddies this year than last. Last year, being the first year in West Lorne with no clue what to espect, we were prepared for fifty kiddies, ‘n got THREE!!!!
Needless to say, we scaled down a good bit this year. We prepared for twenty five kiddies, ‘n had FOUR to the door. As well, we only bought goodies we know will get eaten. Doritos chippies, and a box ‘a they mini chocolate bars. (with the NO NUTS symbol) No rockets, no tootsie rolls, just the good stuff.
Glad ya had a good night Bob. Take good care, ‘n will catch ya later.
Ciao Fer Now …

Ramblingon said...

I thoroughly enjoyed these Bob. More than I thought I would and I had to laugh too at the remark about green beans. Back in the days of your when we had a lot of kids, I got to about that end myself! I said those words..we'll be giving out canned and frozen goods nest if this keeps up.

Beth said...

Those are great shots Bob. You could have had some of my candy as I had a lot left over. ;-)

Peaceful said...

Man you had a ton!
LOL at Hapkat--that's what they look like alright :D

Hope said...

"smiling" oh my heavens.. you did get a slue of em.. love the none smiles on some of the photos..
looks like everyone had a wonderful time coming to your place..
so glad you did not have to give out any cans of beans.. but then.. that would have been better than a can of peas and carrots.. "grins"..
thank you for sharing.. we don't get any kids here anymore.. which in ways is very sad..
have a wonderful day..
soft hugs