Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Shopping for Thanksgiving... OH!, the JOY!!!

I have just returned from my annual 'Pre-Thanksgiving Dinner- Grocery Store Shopping- Trip', from Hell!!!!

Two hours, two shopping carts full of 'stuff' and $170 later, I hit the checkout line and suddenly realize..... I FORGOT MY WALLET!!!!!!  They were nice enough to guard my carts(s) while I went home and retreived said wallet.  Some of the items on 'The List' I had never heard of before but I managed to find everything.  Almost!

The one missing ingredient was Kern's Pear Nectar, which I KNOW I have seen there before.  And don't even ask what it was to be used for....  No clue.  But probably some sort of fancy-smancy cocktail thing.

Soooo, back to the store I got to buy pears.  They HAVE to be ripe.  Now, has anyone tried to buy ripe pears in a supermarket??  Billiard balls are softer than those things are!!  But after squeezing 247 of them I managed to come up with 6 semi-ripe ones.  Now the fun part!!  Making homemade pear nectar!!  I brought in the juicer but it's up to Becky now.

As for the complete menu, she lost me at Turkey.  But I'm sure it will be great.  My wife IS a wonderful cook! 

I just wish the ingredients were easier to find.  And Oh yeah!!  I DID find those dried Crimini mushrooms. I'm so proud!!

I wish all of you a Wonderful Thanksgiving!

And Never, EVER forget your wallet!!


New song-of-the-week today.  Check it out!  Love it!!!  And be sure to click on 'video' for the words.

7 comments:

Gerry said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you to!

Terry's Tete-a-tete said...

Oh I know the embarrassment. I once did the same only it was an empty checkbook. Forgot to put in new ones. They also were kind enough to let me run home.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Beth said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!!

The Gaelic Wife said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Mr. Serious!

GreatGranny said...

Now that's a lotta pear squeezing 247...lol

Haphazardkat said...

Happy thanksgiving!!!!

Microsoft Visio 2010 Download said...

Adobe Acrobat 9 Download is a platform for viewing, creating, manipulating and managing files in Adobe's PDF format.
Project Professional 2010 Download includes all the capabilities of Project Standard 2010 Download plus more features like at-a-glance resource management and team collaboration tools (indicated with the Pro symbol ).
Visio Professional 2010 Download provides advanced diagramming tools to help you simplify complexity with intuitive and professional-looking diagrams, dynamic and data-driven visuals, and new ways to share via a browser in real time.