Wednesday, December 01, 2010

A Follow-Up to Yesterday's Post

Surprisingly, on my little blog, I received a comment via Jennifer Elston from the website http://www.newsy.com/.  I was speechless!!  Who knew that someone beyond my circle of friends here would actually take the time to find my post. 

She sent a very nice email and a link to an update on the Haitian elections.  Here is her email along with my reply.

Bob -

I just read your post “Haiti elections a shambles” regarding the recent hardships the people of Haiti have had to endure. Recently, 12 of the 18 presidential candidates called for all of the votes to be annulled, as allegations of fraud and corruption plagued Haiti. This is following a devastating earthquake and an outbreak of cholera. How much can one country take?

I really enjoyed (I don’t know if that is the right word for this) the story of Etianne. Her story is saddening and inspiring. All I can do is hope and pray that the conditions improve for the citizens of Haiti and that Etianne can get enough money or support to move away from the terrifying slum that she is forced to call home.

Here is a link to a video I thought you might be interested in - http://www.newsy.com/videos/haitian-candidates-allege-widespread-fraud-in-elections/. It synthesizes views about fraud in the recent Haitian elections from BBC, CNN, The Economist, CBC and Al Jazeera. I hope you will consider embedding on R U Serious? I thought this video could be a nice addition to your post about Etianne Petit Frere’s heartbreaking story.

Thank you for your time. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!


Jennifer Elston

jennifere@newsy.com

***************************************************************************************
Thank you Jennifer. I will certainly watch the video in your link. I have been looking at the comments on my blog relating to this story and as I expected, most people just don't know what to say or how to react. That in itself speaks volumes. However, it is a sad and excruciating story to read and more so to experience such a painful existence everyday.


I spent several days researching the elections before I happened upon her story. "Sad and inspiring" is so true. I have reread my post several times and always end up in tears.

I am very pleased that you were not only able to read my blog, but that you took the time to respond. Thank you again. And yes... I will be adding your link to my blog as a follow-up post.

Yours,

Bob~

Anyhow, I just thought that was really neat and it made my day.  You can go to her link by copying and pasting it to your browser.  http://www.newsy.com/videos/haitian-candidates-allege-widespread-fraud-in-elections/. Or just click above.

I will continue to follow this very sad story and update if I can.
Have a Great rest of the week.

4 comments:

Ramblingon said...

Excellent, Bob. I am glad that you had that reply. I read your blog and was left speechless. But I did read it. Sometimes there are no adequate words.

The Gaelic Wife said...

You're a celebrity blogger! May I have your autograph?

Project Standard 2010 Product Key said...

Visio Standard 2010 offers modern and intuitive diagramming tools to transform complex ideas into aha moments and get everyone on the same page with less time and effort. A diverse set of pre-drawn shapes, pictures, and templates, and new automatic drawing tools make visualization easier than ever.
Connect Project Professional 2010 with Microsoft Project Server 2010 and gain control across all types of work, improve project selection and strategic alignment, maximise resource utilisation and visualise performance through powerful dashboards.
Acrobat 9 Pro Extended is the complete PDF solution for business and technical professionals.

Thesis writing company said...

I am really impressed!